- About Environmental Education Network (EEN)
- Founding Members of EEN
- Seminar Series on Environmental Education (EE) and Education for Sustainable Development
- Situation Analysis
- Environmental Education Micro Project Competition
The aim of establishing the Environmental Education Network (EEN) is to contribute to the efforts of RA Government in promoting and ensuring environmental education at all school levels and at communities. The EEN is a unity of more than fifteen civil society, governmental, educational and international organizations, whose main goal is to contribute to the efforts of Armenia in promoting and ensuring environmental education at all school levels and communities. By having the Memorandum of Understanding signed by all of the EEN members, Armenia undertakes an action of improving the environmental education, with the help of additional knowledge and exchange of experience.
The activities of EEN are fully in line with the Government of Armenia’s 2011-2015 National Plan on Establishment of a Universal and Integrated National System for Environmental Education, Upbringing and Awareness and with the Agreement on Cooperation among the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Territorial Administration and The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Country Office in Armenia on the Integration of Environmental Education into Secondary School System of the Republic of Armenia as well as with the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014) strategy.
In addition to the previously mentioned advantages, the establishment of EEN promises a potential for further improvement, which firstly implies growth of the number of the contributing parties.
The creation of EEN has been supported by the Norwegian Embassy Small Grants Program 2014, European Union supported civic society capacity building program of the UNDP GEF Small Grants Program, UNICEF, GIZ, WWF and OSCE.
Visit the project website: http://eenarmenia.org.
- American University of Armenia’s Acopian Center for the Environment,
- Armenia Tree Project,
- Armenian Environmental Network,
- Armenian Women for Health and Healthy Environment (AWHHE),
- Association for Sustainable Human Development,
- Armenian Center for Democratic Education CIVITAS,
- Children of Armenia Fund (COAF),
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH – German International Cooperation – GIZ-SMB Programme Office Yerevan
- Eco-club “Tapan”,
- Environment and Sustainable Agriculture Educational Foundation (ESA),
- Foundation for the Preservation of Wildlife and Cultural Assets (FPWC),
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Office in Yerevan
- Regional Environmental Center for Caucasus,
- Republic of Armenia National Institute of Education,
- UNESCO Chair on “Education for Sustainable Development” (Center for Ecological-Noosphere Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of RA),
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Young Biologists Association NGO, and
- Yerevan State University’s Environmental Law Research Center.