AUA Solar Power Technology Symposium 2016
Yerevan, Armenia–The American University of Armenia held the AUA Solar Power Technology Symposium 2016 from 26-28 September, 2016. On the third and final day of the symposium, during the last session, a stakeholders’ meeting was held within the frameworks of the ERASMUS+ project Master Degree in Innovative Technologies in Energy Efficient Buildings for Russian & Armenian Universities and Stakeholders – «MARUEEB». The two Armenian Partner Universities, the American University of Armenia (AUA) & the National Polytechnic University of Armenia (NPUA), showed presentations which gave an opportunity to the stakeholders in the Armenian market (including engineers, economists, architects & academics) to get acquainted with the academic programs which are being developed to meet the educational needs of the labor market in the field of energy efficient buildings, renewable energy and sustainable development. Furthermore, fliers giving a short overview of the AUA program, Sustainable Operations and Resource Management (SORM), were printed for the Symposium attendees.
New Specialization on Sustainable Operations to Start in Fall 2017
AUA’s Industrial Engineering and Systems Management (IESM) Master’s is currently developing a specialization in Sustainable Operations and Resource Management (SORM), which will have a strong sustainable energy emphasis. The specialization is being developed as part of the European Union Erasmus+ MARUEEB program and is slated to start in Fall 2017. Keep posted on AUA’s development of this timely specialization.
Sustainable Operations and Resource Management (SORM): Masters-Degree Specialization and Professional Certificate at the American University of Armenia
Planned to start in fall 2017, SORM will offer a Master’s degree specialization and professional certificate that will equip students with theoretical and practical tools to develop and manage smart, sustainable, and resource efficient systems and operations.
Qualified AUA graduate students will achieve the SORM specialization after obtaining 30 ECTS credits (15 American Semester credits) as part of fulfilling their degree requirements. Also qualified outside professionals and alumni can obtain a SORM professional certification. Offered courses will include: “Sustainable, Smart and Resource Efficient Systems I & II”, “Alternative Energy:
Technology, Environment, and Economics,” “Data Mining & Predictive Analytics,” “Simulation of Systems and Operations,” “Innovation,” among others. Many of the courses will emphasize energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings and operations. After earning their specialization, the graduating student shall show competence in using diagnostic and analytic tools to enhance sustainability and resource efficiency of systems and operations; show competence in fostering and managing innovation and change; and analyse, visualize and effectively communicate data.
- Project title: Master Degree in Innovative Technologies in Energy Efficient Buildings for Russian & Armenian Universities and Stakeholders – «MARUEEB»
- Project acronym: MARUEEB Erasmus+ project
- Submission No.: 561890-EPP-1-2015-1-IT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
- Duration: 2015-2018
- Coordinator: University of Genoa (Italy)
- Project Website: http://marueeb.sti.urfu.ru/en/
- To establish and develop a new Master on «INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES in ENERGY EFFICIENT BUILDINGS» for 3 Russian Universities and 2 Armenian Universities with affiliation to other 2 Russian Universities, according to student-centred or output-based approach.
- To strengthen links with stakeholders by means of their involvement both in training and in getting requirements and documentation for professional recognition of the new qualification of Green Master.
- Bringing the curricular reform in line with the latest Bologna Process elements (transparency, comparability and national & international recognition of the study-programs).
- To focus the teaching processes on new methods such as interdisciplinary and interactions forms of lectures and seminars.
- To provide collaborative teaching, mobility and scientific research, attracting associate member of the consortium.
Partner Countries Universities
- Ural Federal University
- St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University
- Tambov State Technical University
- Voronezh State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- South Ural State University
- National Polytechnic University of Armenia
- American University of Armenia
Member States Universities:
- University of Genoa (Italy)
- Technical University of Iasi (Romania)
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania)
- Second University of Naples (Italy)
Non-university consortium members:
- Engineering Academy of Armenia NGO, Yerevan
- Ministry of Education and Science of Armenia
- TICASS Consortium, Genoa
- European Civil Engineering Education and Training Association, Brussels
- AE Consulting, Yerevan
- Atomstroykomplex LLC, Ekaterinburg
- Center of Construction Expertise R&D, St. Petersburg
- Uralproektdubrava, Ekaterinburg