Energy Efficiency in Buildings: Challenges and Opportunities
American University of Armenia (AUA) in cooperation with Renewable Resources and Energy Efficiency Fund (R2E2) hosted the Second International Steering Committee Meeting within the frame of BSBEEP Project in Yerevan. The Partners discussed the work that has been done and the work which needs to be finalized. During the meeting the project website was presented by R2E2 and project logo was decided from three available designs offered by Samsun Metropolitan Municipality.
During the meeting a public-media event was organized promoting energy efficiency in buildings and highlighting EU’s role in this. Presenters included:
- Alen Amirkhanian, Director of American University of Armenia Acopian Center for the Environment (BSBEEP partner)
- Tamara Babayan, R2E2 Director (BSBEEP partner),
- Areg Galsyan, Deputy Minister of RA Energy and Natural Resources,
- Tigran Parvanyan, International Finance Corporation,
- Karen Arabyan, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development,
- Eliza Harutunyan, ACBA Credit AGRICOLE Bank, and
- Georgios Gaidajis, Assistant Professor, Democritus University of Thrace.
The public-media Event’s main aim was to raise the awareness of public and to engage interested establishments.
ArmNews – http://www.armnewstv.am/1386575490
Hajastani Hanrapetutyun – http://www.hhpress.am/index.php?sub=hodv&hodv=20131210_7&flag=am
Armenia TV– http://www.armeniatv.am/hy/news/44642