This module introduces terms and examples related to ecosystem services. Various examples of participatory approaches to identify ecosystem services and stakeholders are highlighted and discussed.
- World Resources Institute (2008). Ecosystem Services: A Guide for Decision Makers
- FAO (2020). Global Forest Resources Assessment 2020 – Key findings. Rome
- Alcamo, J., Bennett, E. M., & Millennium Ecosystem Assessment (Program) (2003). Ecosystems and human well-being : a framework for assessment. Island Press.
- Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (2009). Ecosystem Services: Key Concepts and Applications, Occasional Paper No 1, Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts, Canberra.
- DEFRA (2007). An Introductory Guide to Valuing Ecosystem Services
- GIZ (2012). Integrating Ecosystem Services into Development Planning. A stepwise approach for practitioners based on the TEEB approach. Eschborn.
- Boeraeve, F., M. Dufrêne, R. De Vreese, S. Jacobs, N. Pipart, F. Turkelboom, W. Verheyden, and N. Dendoncker. (2018). Participatory identification and selection of ecosystem services: building on field experiences. Ecology and Society 23(2):27. https://doi.org/10.5751/ES-10087-230227
- Canedoli, C.; Bullock, C.; Collier, M.J.; Joyce, D.; Padoa-Schioppa, E. (2017). Public Participatory Mapping of Cultural Ecosystem Services: Citizen Perception and Park Management in the Parco Nord of Milan (Italy). Sustainability, 9, 891.
- Birkin, L. and Goulson, D. (2015). Using citizen science to monitor pollination services. Ecol Entomol, 40: 3-11.
- Salk, C., Lopez, M.-C. and Wong, G. (2017). Simple Incentives and Group Dependence for Successful Payments for Ecosystem Services Programs: Evidence from an Experimental Game in Rural Lao PDR. CONSERVATION LETTERS, 10: 414-421.
- Little, K.E., Hayashi, M. and Liang, S. (2016). Community-Based Groundwater Monitoring Network Using a Citizen-Science Approach. Groundwater, 54: 317-324.
Slides and scripts by: Arsen Gasparyan and Norayr Benohanian
Editors: Siranush Harutyunyan, Nare Krmoyan, Gohar Shahinyan
Advisors: Claudia Bieling and Alen Amirkhanian
Editing and Post Production: Argishti Azizyan
Publication Year: 2021