Guidelines for Local Municipal Waste Management Planning
Project time period:
April 2020 – January 2021
The American University of Armenia (AUA) Acopian Center for the Environment in partnership with the Government of Armenia has launched the project on Guidelines for Local Municipal Waste Management Planning, funded by the AUA Policy Development and Research Fund (PDRF).
The Armenian government’s reform agenda is aimed at achieving EU-approximation within the framework of the EU-Armenia Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (CEPA) and to contribute to Armenia’s commitment to the Sustainability Goals (SDGs) within the Agenda 2030.
The project’s short-term impact will be more sustainable planning of solid waste management in communities in accordance with national policy and strategy goals, while the long term impact will be the communities adopting sustainable solid waste management practices.
Harutyun Alpetyan, Principle Investigator
AUA Acopian Center for the Environment
Email: alpetyan[at]aua.am, ace[at]aua.am
Phone: +374 60 612 693
– International and local experience research (regarding local SWM planning)
– RA legislative and institutional framework assessment (regarding local SWM planning)
– Multi-stakeholder engagement
– Development of Local MSW Management Planning Guidelines
– Development of Guideline on monitoring requirements of Local MSW Management Planning Guidelines
– Training needs assessment for local authorities to implement the Guidelines
Guideline on Local Solid Waste Management Planning
AUA Policy Development and Research Fund (PDRF)